Takafumi Koike (Hosei Univ.) and Yasushi Onishi (OPTCERAMICS, Ltd.)
We have developed a retroreflective optical device (Oz panel) for realizing an aerial imaging display with a long protruding distance.
We arrange a rectangular corner reflector array like a figure. By changing the aspect ratio of the corner reflector array depending on the in-plane position of the optical device, we can realize aerial imaging with a long focal length (jump-out amount).
- Takafumi Koike and Yasushi Onishi, “Aerial 3D Imaging by Retroreflective Mirror Array,” ACM ISS’18 International Workshop on Computational Augmented Reality Displays. (2018.11) (ACM DL)
- Takafumi Koike and Yasushi Onishi, “Aerial Light Field Display by Retroreflective Mirror Array,” IDW’18 .(2018.12)
- Takafumi Koike and Yasushi Onishi, “Aerial 3D Imaging with Long-Distance by Retroreflective Mirror Array,” IMID 2019. (2019.8) (Invited)
- Takafumi Koike and Yasushi Onishi, “Principle and applications of aerial 3D imaging with long-distance by retroreflective mirror array (Conference Presentation)”, Proc. SPIE 11402, Three-Dimensional Imaging, Visualization, and Display 2020, 114020N, Online. (2020.04) Presentation (Invited)
- Takafumi Koike and Yasushi Onishi, “Long Viewing Distance Aerial Display and Its Application Technologies,” 3DSA 2021, Online. (2021.11) (Invited)
- SIGGRAPH ASIA 2021, Tokyo (2021.12)
- takafumi (at) hosei.ac.jp
- onishi (at) optceramics.name